Today's training went well. Was having sore shoulders but thanks to a miraculous tennis ball and socks (that's clean), I didn't feel as sore after. Amazing, the things I've learnt over the past 3 weeks. Somehow I think Dr JJ is gonna miss me alot from now onwards, haha.
Anyway, on a more serious note I am currently reading a book titled "Beautiful in God's Eyes" by Elizabeth George. It is about becoming a reflection of God's portrait of a woman's loveliness in Proverbs 31. I like the part where the author mentions that God's idea of beauty is far different from the world's. Power of mind (moral principles & attitudes) makes up the image, and power of body (potency and effectiveness) makes up the other. A Proverbs 31 woman possesses loads of internal qualities that enable her to manage everything well. She has a powerful body to do all that God desires of her. To work, to nurse the needy, to watch over and build her home. God shows her mental strength in a composite of the internal qualities that keep her from giving up, giving in, dropping out, or quitting short of the goal to be and do what God desires. Her love for God's praise outweighs those given by man.
I subject my body to hard work and discipline so that I can be a blessing to my family, my wonderful lovely niece and my friends. External beauty can't beat health in body and spirit. I can be totally shallow to say that I'll lose weight for the sake of winning the heart of my future husband. Or be completely submissive to God and building a better body as it is the temple of the Holy Spirit. For His sake, I'll keep up with the gym work, the discipline to cook my nutritious meal (with lots of spice!!!), and subject myself only to cheat meal once a month. (Ok, make that twice this month since it's Christmas and my birthday coming too!)
A fabulous Christian video inspired me to go through the pain and discipline in this journey to better health. "Facing the Giants." Nothing is impossible with God. He is able to spur me on to endure and go through all the challenges in this fight. Thank God for a coach too, for being such an affirming and fabulous guy. Just like the player in the movie, I'll move inch by inch closer to my goal! It is not difficult! So kettlebells and weights, be very afraid of me!!! *evil grin*
Enjoy this clip, everyone! And be inspired.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment